Website TheBICIndiana The Battery Innovation Center
Promote advanced learning and education in the energy sector
Must be U.S. citizen, national, permanent resident, asylee, or refugee to apply.
The Battery Innovation Center (BIC) is seeking a qualified, innovation-focused test engineering professional to join our team. The ideal candidate must have the desire to work in a flexible work environment with the willingness to apply their skills and expertise to all facets of battery testing and evaluation. Preferably, they should be eager to take initiative and capable of working with limited supervision. They will directly interface will all individuals in the organization along with BIC clientele. The candidate will receive mentorship and additional training during the internship, including a focused 3-day class on the energy storage industry.
// Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities //
- Contribute to the development and carrying out of various destructive, electrical, and environmental battery tests.
- Work with various battery chemistries including Li-Ion, Lead Acid, and Flow Batteries.
- Work in cross functional team tasked in the process development and generation of battery/module/pack/microgrid tests.
- Support with technical expertise (hardware, software, mechanical, or other as applicable) for developing appropriate tests and the standards performed against.
- Interact with our team and customers to understand their needs and translate it into tests and standards.
- Produce post-analysis reports for the performed battery tests.
- Contribute to on-going battery development projects as part of the Test & Evaluation team of the BIC, with opportunity for cross-team projects with the Cell Fabrication group.
- Generate a report under guidance of BIC technical leads, reviewing the collective results of the program.
// Education/Experience/Qualifications //
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or equivalent Engineering program is preferred, but similar disciplines are considered with relevant demonstrated interests in product/applications testing.
- Understanding of the electrical properties of batteries and circuit analysis preferred.
- Experience in microgrids, power electronics, or programming is a plus.
- Laboratory/hands-on experience desired.
- Technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) experience required.
- Must possess excellent communication, prioritization, attention to detail, interpersonal and organizational skillsets.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or applying to our handshake posting. Cover letters encouraged.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job, and is not a complete list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, and benefits associated with the position.
// Description //
Battery Innovation Center interns participate in real engineering design projects related to the development and fabrication of advanced energy storage systems. Interns work directly with our engineers to contribute to project goals in fields of cell and pack design, cell and pack manufacturing, electrochemical test setup and data analysis.
// Qualifications //
Current graduate and undergraduate students in materials engineering or related fields are invited to apply for this 12 to 15-week program. Internships are available year-round and correlate to the Spring, Summer, and Fall academic calendars. Opportunities are available at our headquarters in Newberry, IN.
// Desired //
- Students must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program and have at least one semester of school remaining after the internship.
- Students who have obtained a junior or higher academic standing by the start of the internship are preferred.
Battery Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with BIC’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Battery Innovation Center prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com