Promote advanced learning and education in the energy sector
The Battery Innovation Center (BIC) is seeking a qualified grants and contracts manager to join our team. The person in this position would be expected to manage all activities related to executing and supporting current projects’ grants funding and contracts along with researching, recommending, and implementing new opportunities as relevant to the entire organization. They will directly interface will all individuals in the organization, and externally with local/federal organizations. The BIC offers competitive pay, paid holidays, incentive programs, health/dental/vision benefits, and a Simple IRA with matching options.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
- Cooperating with the balance of organization and teams within shared services staff in supporting, tracking, and reporting on current grants and contracts
- Establish and report on current grants and contracts budget, status, and analytics to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with various entities to research and develop a capture/application strategy for government (local, state, federal) and philanthropic grant opportunities.
- Co-coordinates and expedites reports and initiative information from executive and directors’ inputs.; formulates recommendations and necessary correspondence.
- Assists in financial, procedural, and costs pertaining to program management; prepares and reviews financial and statistical reports; coordinates contract arrangements with other organizations and private parties.
- Ensure all local, state, federal, and private funded programs are in programmatic and budgetary compliance.
- May assist in budget preparation and administration with executive leadership.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Create and maintain comprehensive grants, contracts, and funding-related documentation.
- Supporting balance of teams with organizing, prioritizing, and carrying out multiple projects simultaneously.
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant job experience, or direct verifiable experience
- Exhibited experience in the development and/or administration of state and federal grants
- Skilled in and experience with reporting of expenditures, budgets, and forecasting of contract and grant deliverables
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience writing, preparing, and submitting grant applications for federal funding
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience working independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proactive problem solver and critical thinker with excellent planning, coordination, and organizational skills
- Excellent research and quantitative skills
- Understanding of current technology and market trends within advanced technologies, mobility, energy, communications connectivity, grid, and infrastructure industries is preferred
- Experience in public-private partnerships arena is preferred
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.
The BIC offers a phenomenal work environment and culture, with competitive compensation and benefits. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job and is not a complete list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, and benefits associated with the position.
To be in compliance with our ITAR status, the candidate must be a US Person, or a lawful permanent resident (as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20)), or a protected individual (as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)).
BIC is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with BIC’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, or age. BIC prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org