Website theBICindiana Energy Systems Network (ESN), a Business Unit of BIC
Promote advanced learning and education in the energy sector
The Battery Innovation Center (BIC) is seeking a Managing Director to join our team. Energy Systems Network (ESN) is a Business Unit of BIC. This position will be working in that business unit at that office location: Energy Systems Network office, Indianapolis, Indiana (16Tech Campus). Travel is statewide and nationally, as necessary.
ESN has specialized in multi-company projects; advisory and consulting services; and creating and facilitating workshops, strategic planning, and research efforts. The vast array of projects includes the Indy Autonomous Challenge, Moving Forward with IHCDA, BlueIndy, Toyota’s “Together In Motion” Indiana, among many others.
The Managing Director is responsible for providing project development, management, direction, researching, planning, reporting, and ensuring implementation of ESN’s portfolio of both grid and infrastructure and mobility-related projects and programs. They will directly interface will all individuals in the organization, and externally with local/federal organizations.
The BIC offers competitive pay, paid holidays, incentive programs, health/dental/vision benefits, and a Simple IRA with matching options.
Mobility areas of interest include:
- Transportation electrification
- Mobility as a service (MaaS)
- Autonomous vehicle technologies
- Multi-modal transit solutions
- Micro transit
- Car sharing & ridesharing
- Connected mobility (e.g., 5G)
- Other innovation mobility business models
Grid & Infrastructure areas of interest include:
- Commercial/industrial, local distribution utility, and wholesale market energy and infrastructure programs
- Microgrids, including remote, grid-connected, and networked
- Energy Storage (advanced batteries, hydrogen, thermal, etc.)
- Renewable energy generation and distributed energy resources
- Smart controls and integration
- Grid modernization
- Connectivity and Communications Architecture (e.g., 5G, IoT, Smart Grid)
- Cloud computing, AI and data analytics, energy modeling
- Other innovation and or grid technology business models
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, organize, and coordinate various projects, programs and services for ESN activities involving diverse administrative operations; will administer or manage specific projects related to grid and infrastructure and/or mobility; recommends and assists in installing improved operating methods and procedures.
- Conduct research and analytical studies on a variety of ESN initiatives; coordinates and expedites reports and initiative information from management input; develops procedures and forms; formulates recommendations and prepares reports and correspondence.
- Engage stakeholders and assists in the recruitment of partner companies and institutions; organizes and leads regular meetings and communications among project partners and holds partners accountable to agreed upon project charters and detailed scopes of work.
- Assist in determining financial methods, procedures and costs pertaining to program management; conducts cost-benefit analyses and reviews and prepares financial and statistical reports; coordinates contract arrangements with other organizations and private parties.
- May assist in budget preparation and administration.
- Support and manage local, regional, state, and federal grant opportunities as they are proposed.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Organize, prioritize and carry out multiple projects simultaneously.
- Perform other duties as requested by President and CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ relevant job experience, or master’s degree
- Deep understanding of current technology and market trends within the grid and infrastructure and advanced mobility industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience working independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proactive problem solver and critical thinker with excellent planning, coordination and organizational skills
- Excellent research and consultative skills
Due to project compliance with some organizations there may be additional citizenship requirements applicable.
The BIC offers a phenomenal work environment and culture, with competitive compensation and benefits. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job and is not a complete list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, and benefits associated with the position.
BIC is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with BIC’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, or age. BIC prohibits any form of workplace harassment.