Website theBICindiana The Battery Innovation Center
Promote advanced learning and education in the energy sector
To be in compliance with our ITAR status, the candidate must be a US Person, or a lawful permanent resident (as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20)), or a protected individual (as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)).
The Battery Innovation Center (BIC) is seeking a qualified innovation-focused advanced battery test engineering professional to join our team. The Test & Evaluation Engineer designs and conducts, as necessary, test and data collection activities of energy storage & management systems, related equipment, and component systems. Designs, analyzes, and aides in fabrication of prototype components and test fixtures for lab and field testing. Identifying testing needs and associated requirements/tolerances from existing and/or new equipment. Consolidate data pipelines in addition to automation of aggregation and presentation of data generated from tests.
The ideal candidate must have the desire to work in a flexible work environment with the willingness to apply their skills and expertise to all facets of battery testing, validation, evaluation, and advisory. Preferably, they should be eager to take initiative and capable of working with limited oversight. They will directly interface will all individuals in the organization along with BIC customers. The BIC offers competitive pay, paid holidays, incentive programs, fully paid health/dental/vision benefits, and retirement plan.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
- • Keeping immediate supervisor up to date on all projects, with regards to project status, completion time, and any problems that may have arisen during the course of the project.
- • Design and implement tests of new components, assemblies, and systems based on test criteria as established by the approved statement of work, procedures, and/or written test plans; maintaining accurate records of test results; reporting results to appropriate parties.
- • Conducting various performance tests in accordance with test criteria established by approved statement of work, procedures, and/or written test plans and maintaining company standards of accuracy in records of test results; reporting results to the appropriate parties.
- Design experiments for various comparison tests of competitive products and components in accordance with test criteria established by approved statement of work, procedures, and/or written test plans; maintaining company standards of accuracy in records of test results; reporting results to the appropriate parties.
- Designing and implementing prototypes of components assemblies and systems of a minimum viable product as directed by approved statement of work, procedures, and/or written test plans or work requests; assuring that the prototypes meet the established specifications.
- Operating required machinery and equipment in a safe manner following established safety rules, maintaining a neat and clean work area, following established tool and instrument control procedures, and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to immediate supervisor.
- Designing test fixtures to carry out various needs associated with testing the components in a manner that will meet the established specifications.
- Performing other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of electrical engineering practices and principles
- Experience in testing processes, equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscope, function generators, soldering equipment, and test techniques related to battery electrical systems.
- Must possess familiarity with software development such as Veristand, MATLAB, Lab View, C++, C#, Embedded C, and Python.
- Must possess the ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/Flexible — enjoys doing work that requires unique unknowns, real-time configuration, and pliant requirements.
- Detail-Oriented — able to assess and understand key details of plans, expectations, and outcomes for their role in the bigger picture.
- Autonomous/Collaborative — enjoys working with finite oversight, ability to establish the required outcomes through collaboration.
- Innovative/Creative– looking to influence the State of the Art at a leading authority on the advanced battery ecosystem.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job, and is not a complete list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, and benefits associated with the position.
Battery Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with BIC’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Battery Innovation Center prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org