To be in compliance with our ITAR status, the candidate must be a US Person, or a lawful permanent resident (as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20)), or a protected individual (as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)).
The Battery Innovation Center (BIC) is seeking a qualified, innovation-focused Materials Scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate must have the desire to work in a fast paced, flexible work environment with the willingness to apply their skills and expertise to all facets of the battery design and development process. The candidate will directly interface will all individuals in the organization as well as externally with our clients. The BIC offers competitive pay, paid time-off, health/dental/vision/ benefits, and a SIMPLE IRA.
The Advanced Battery Development Researcher conducts the fabrication and formation of prototype cells, tests prototypes for data collection as well as fabricates prototype components and test fixtures for lab and field testing. This position will fulfill the necessary duties to help the Advanced Battery Development Manager with maintaining a high-functioning and productive work environment, assist in the hiring and evaluation of the team members, and help with high priority projects, management level tasks and improving of team morale.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Utilize team members to their fullest potential, encourage collaboration, mitigate conflict, foster positive communication, acknowledgment, and appreciation.
- Keep immediate supervisor up to date on all team project status, completion time, and any problems that may arise during the course of the project that have the potential to impact cost and/or timeline.
- Oversee the preparation prototypes of components assemblies and systems of either new or current products as directed by policies and procedures and/or written test plans or work requests; assuring that the prototypes meet the established specifications.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures and/or writing test plans; maintain and oversee records of test results; review reported results from the team as necessary.
- Create, oversee, and implement test setups for comparative analysis utilizing various types of equipment as applicable to achieve significant results to report to the customer and provide constructive feedback on all testing setups as necessary.
- Prepare prototypes of components, assemblies, and systems of either new or current product as well as maintain and create policies and procedures and/or written test plans for work requests; assure that the prototypes specifications are established.
- Ensure all team members meet deliverables within timeline and budgetary constraints and intervene when appropriate.
- Contribute to the development and execution of emerging and/or required destructive, electrical, and environmental battery tests.
- Work with various advanced and historical battery chemistries including Li-Ion, Lead Acid, Alkaline, Nickel Metal Hydride, and Flow Batteries among others.
- Interact directly with customers to understand their needs and translate it into requirements.
- Performing other related duties as required. Minimum of PHD in Materials Chemistry or related STEM discipline
- Minimum 2 years of industry battery experience
- Technical expertise in electrochemistry, thermodynamics, and structure-function relationships
- Strong technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication, prioritization, attention to detail, and organizational skillsets
- Ability to apply research and statistical analysis techniques to make sound, data-driven conclusions.
- Must be able lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting and office conditions.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per day and potentially on his/her/their feet for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity in fine motor skills required.
The BIC offers a phenomenal work environment and culture, with competitive compensation and benefits. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job, and is not a complete list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, and benefits associated with the position.
Battery Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with BIC’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Battery Innovation Center prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com